Saturday, January 15, 2011

Something that took place in school

After SA2, we Victorians, would always look forward to that event. That is the post-exam activities. One of them would be the inter-class competition where each class would send a team or two to take part in either floorball or street soccer. For me, I took part in floorball. During assembly, the hall was as noisy as a fish market. Everyone was very excited and some were even discussing tactics. After assembly, my class proceeded to our respective venues and in he mean while, getting ourself ready for the match to start. The whistle blew and the timer started ticking. Each class was cheering loudly and teammates were shouting out loud at each other. After some time, we made some substitutions as we are starting to tire out. Whenever we scored a goal, we would cheer very loud that even people on the fourth floor could hear it. Some opponents were strong while some were easily beaten by us. When I was on the field, I tried to dribble pass the opponents, but lose the ball eventually. That was how lousy I was. But my friend, Nurhan, was amazing. His dribbling skills was superb and shooting skills were amazing. Not to forget, Enrico, a good defender. He was always blocking the opponents from getting pass him. Maybe, I was just an extra guy staying on the field. However, luck was not always on our side. The opponents came up with tricks that tricked as and they eventually got pass our defense. We thought we could clinch the top three positions but unfortunately, we were fourth. But I thought to myself that it's not the win that counts but the joy that we had. If we win, I would be better. The soccer team got a third positions. Congratulations to them. At least, our class won something. I am looking forward to this year's post-exam activites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment