Friday, January 21, 2011
Something unusual that happened that day
It was a usual morning. My Dad fetched my brother and I to school. Dad would always drive on the highway as it would only take about fifteen to twenty minutes to reach my school. He also said that driving on the highway saves fuel. I did my usual routine- watching the morning scenery. The car started swifting to the left, my dad tried to keep the car under control but it continued swerving to the left. The car started to slow down. My dad got off the car, only to find out that the car's tyre was punctured. Oh my!!! It was on the highway. I thought: how unlucky can we be.My brother and I would be late for school. How do we get to school? Especially on highway. No vehicles were allowed to stop on the highway unless your vehicle is broken down. I told my dad that. He said that I have no other choice but to flag a taxi on a highway, if I do not want to be late for school. I strained my neck, hopping to spot a available taxi. There it is. I raised my hand high in the air, hopping that the taxi driver could see me in the dark. The taxi stopped at the shoulder of the road. My brother and I board the Taxi. In the taxi, I took a quick glance at my watched and realised it was already seven o'clock. I told the taxi driver to drive faster or we would be late for school. When I reached school, I ran to the assembly area as fast as I could. By the time I reached there, I was already panting heavily. I looked at my watch, relieved that I do not have to spend my precious recess time doing school services. I wonder how's my dad, whose on the highway, waiting patiently for the breakdown services to arrive. It was truly an unusual day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment