Friday, January 21, 2011
A special moment I enjoyed with my family
A special moment that I enjoyed with my family happened last two months. It was my Grandfather's 80th birthday. My Aunt had booked a chalet to celebrate his birthday. At around 8.00am, my Aunt checked in to the chalet. I went along with her to help her out as she was carrying a lot of preparation for the birthday party. We later settled down in the chalet, leaving all our preparation load on the table. We then went to the supermarket to buy snacks and drinks for the barbecue at night. We went to order about 100 to 150 sticks of satay as we serving many relatives at night. Suddenly, it started raining cats and dogs. As we had no umbrella with us, we had to wait for the rain to stop before we could start making our way back. The first thing I did when I was back at the chalet was to switch on the air-conditioner. If you think why is switched on the air-conditioner even after it had rained is because the sun was out even it was raining. The weather was really humid. While waiting for the room to cool down, i went down to help my Aunt to put the drinks in the refrigerator, fill plastic bags with water to make ice blocks. Time really past very fast!! It was already 2pm. Most of the relatives start making their way here. They were told to each come with their home-made food.This would really save a lot of money as catering services is very expensive. I was hoping my cousins could come here earlier to play our favourite family game,"Monopoly Deal". I called up each of them. They said they are on their way. How I wish I could make the clock tick faster. Here they are! We made our way to the room and started on the addicting game. We would always shout and laughed loudly whenever we lose or win. My cousin also taught us how to play 'Old Maid' and 'Indian Poker'. The games were really fun. It was dinner time!!! My eighty years old grandfather finally came. He was still very healthy and could walk without the help of a walking stick. When he came, everyone started eating, babeling at the same time. Happy 80th birthday grandpa!!! My uncle came walking out with a birthday cake. Everyone sang the birthday song in english and chinese. The birthday cake was specially bake by my uncle. He works as a baker for a famous restaurant. His cake was really fantastic!!! That day was a really special moment that I spent with my family,and an unforgettable one!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a lot of fun! :)
ReplyDelete